Shotgun Range » Outdoor Range FAQs
OUTDOOR RANGE FAQs
- Can I rent a shotgun at BWSC?
Yes, provided you are 18 years of age or older and are legally allowed to own a shotgun.
- How much does a shotgun cost to rent?
$15 per gun rental, plus the cost of ammo. Since our rental guns are provided to us by the manufacturer for range use only, it is part of our agreement with those manufacturers that only ammunition sold here can be used in them. This ensures the integrity of the ammo, as best as possible.
- Can I bring my child with me to shoot on the range?
Yes, however they must be at least 10 years of age and physically able to control the firearm. Additionally, you (parent or legal guardian) must supervise your child’s shooting activities at all times.
- Can I use my own ammunition on your Outdoor Range?
Yes, personal ammunition is acceptable with the following stipulations: must be target ammunition between shot sizes # 7 ½ & #9 with a velocity under 1290 fps., NO slugs!, No steel shot, high brass, or hunting loads. For safety reasons, we will check any shells you bring to ensure they are appropriate for use on our range.
- Do I need an I.D. to shoot on your range?
Yes, you must have a valid photo I.D. or BWSC Member Card in order to go onto the range. In addition all non-members who will be shooting must read & sign a waiver.
- Do you have an Outdoor Pistol/Rifle Range?
No. Only the shotgun sports of Trap, Skeet, and Sporting Clays may be shot on the Outdoor Range, as well as Archery on our Archery Target Range.
- I am Pregnant. Can I shoot on the Outdoor Range?
Yes, but it is not recommended. We have a precautionary statement on our waiver.
- I would like to bring my child and their friend out to shoot on the Outdoor Range. What do I need to do?
Please contact the staff at the Outdoor Range, so that we may e-mail you a Minor Release Waiver. This form will need to be completed by the minor’s parents and brought with you to the range.
- Is your Outdoor Range wheelchair accessible?
Yes. We have had people shoot in wheelchairs before, even on the Sporting Clays course.
- Is there a time limit on the range?
No, but we may ask you to shoot with other shooters. We are all shooters and want to help each other and enjoy shooting! We may ask this of you when our open ranges are full or it is extremely busy.
- How many shells can I put in my shotgun?
On the Outdoor Range you are only allowed to load 1 shell for at a time for Trap. The maximum shells you are allowed to load for Trap doubles, Skeet or Sporting Clays is two.
- Can I shoot trap doubles?
Yes. Please ask to shoot doubles, when you check in at the Outdoor Range counter and we will be happy to set it up, for you.
- Do you have leagues, competition, or registered shooting?
Yes. We have shooting leagues for Trap (spring/fall), Skeet (summer), and Sporting Clays (spring/winter). The only registered targets that we are currently throwing are Skeet targets.
- Can I shoot at night under the lights?
Yes. We do have lights on our Trap and Skeet fields. However our Sporting Clays course is not lit.
- Are you open in the winter/ year-round?
Yes. We shovel snow and if you want to shoot we are here every day to make that happen! Our winter hours normally begin the last week of November and run until mid-March (or whenever it is consistently nice out). During the Outdoor Range Winter hours we operate from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. while the Retail and Indoor Range are still operating under their normal hours.