Join our new A Girl and A Gun Delaware chapter!
A Girl and A Gun Women’s Shooting League is a ladies-only organization established by women shooters for women pistol, rifle, and shotgun shooters! The league is designed to take beginners to whatever skill level they wish to achieve and provide experienced shooters with more opportunities. The objective of some is to improve their skill levels for self-defense and competitive shooting. Others also are interested in learning how to choose the right guns, gear, and accessories for long-term participation in the community.
Delaware Chapter Meetings
- Attendees must be members of A Girl & A Gun to attend official chapter meetings. Join here: https://www.agirlandagun.org/s/membership/oh-delaware/
- Each meeting will consist of 30 min – 1 hour of education with the remainder of the meeting on-range for supervised shooting practice.
- Once the membership is purchased, the chapter leader will reach out via email to begin the onboarding process so you may begin attending official meetings as scheduled below.
- Ladies MUST RSVP for each meeting in advance
- Third Friday of each Month starting September 15th
- B&B (Breakfast & Bullets) – 10am-12pm
- October 19th
- GNO (Girls Nigh Out) – 5:30pm-7:30pm
- First Thursday of each Month starting November 2nd
- GNO (Girls Night Out) – 5:30pm-7:30pm
Join the Delaware chapter
Meet your delaware chapter leader!
Hello! My name is MeLesa Ritterhouse. Most people call me Missy. I am the Chapter Facilitator of the Delaware, OH Chapter of A Girl and A Gun (AG & AG). I was born and raised in South Texas, where I grew up hunting with various family members. I started shooting more consistently in 2019 as I worked my way through my first year of widowhood.
I joined A Girl and A Gun in 2020 after taking a handgun basics class with a private instructor, who happened to be a Facilitator for my local chapter of A Girl & A Gun. Through A Girl & A Gun, a whole new world opened up for me, allowing me to train with nationally recognized instructors and take some fantastic classes that have made me a more well-rounded shooter and a more responsibly armed citizen. The has given me the self-confidence to also enter the world of IDPA and 3-Gun shooting.
I now live in Ohio and am happily married to my second husband, who encourages me every step of the way. I love being a student and strive to expand my knowledge so that I can help others on their journey. I am currently a USCCA Certified Instructor and an NRA Range Safety Officer. I am also the owner of Mama Bear Safety Training.
I would like to invite you to the Delaware OH chapter of A Girl and A Gun, where we promote a judgment free, safe, fun environment for women of all shooting skill levels to come out and enjoy learning in the community that we are building. Join today and help us build our sisterhood!
- Handgun Basics and Holster draw with Cindy Scott
- AR Platform Rifle Training with Eric Stansifer
- Developmental Marksmanship with Lou Ann Hamblin
- Pistol 2 Woman Warrior Class with Lou Ann Hamblin
- Defensive Handgun with Tatiana Whitlock
- Concealed Carry Skills, Drills and Tactics with John Murphy
- Next Level with Chuck Haggard
- Intro to Defensive Rifle with Josh Crosby
- Off Body Carry with Vicki Farnam
- Home Defense Shotgun with Brian Quick
- Defensive Holster with Tiffany Johnson
- Texas Law Shield Seminar: Should I shoot?
- Pepper Spray Essentials with Cindy Scott
- Image Based Decision Making with Cindy Scott
- Ohio Concealed Carry with Ben Owens, Black Wing Shooting Center
- Vital Pistol 2 with Ben Owens, Black Wing Shooting Center
- Concealed Carry Law Seminar, Black Wing Shooting Center
- USCCA Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals Instructor Course
- NRA RSO
- Bleeding Control for the Injured with Friendswood EMS, Friendswood Tx