Join the black wing team and Grow your career
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Black Wing Team! Black Wing prides itself on hiring individuals that are motivated to provide excellence in customer service, while growing the shooting sports. Each member of our Team is an integral part of our Mission, which is “to enrich lives and empower individuals by delivering excellence in the shooting sports experience”. If this sounds like you, please submit your resume below. A resume must be submitted, in order to be considered.
Is the position you are interested in no longer listed? If you believe you would be a good fit and want to Grow your career with our team please feel free to submit your resume for future consideration.
Range Safety Officer – Full Time
Black Wing Shooting Center, Ohio’s Premier Shooting Destination, is seeking Part-Time Range Safety Officers to become part of our growing business. Range Safety Officers ensure the safety of all of our range guests, delivers the five-star level of customer service that we pride ourselves on, supports and develops their team members, and wants to contribute their ideas and efforts toward making this an exceptional place for our guests and our team! *Must be able to work nights & weekends.
- A top notch team and NSSF 5-star rated facility
- An open mind to new ideas and innovation
- Opportunities to grow and develop within the organization
- A generous 401k, vacation and sick leave program, employee discount program, and health insurance with 1/2 of employee premium paid by the company
The Range Safety Officer position, at Black Wing Shooting Center, is responsible for providing superior customer service at all times, assisting guests with range safety on both indoor and outdoor ranges, and handling sales transactions.
The Range Safety Officer is responsible for the following:
- Provide excellent customer service by responding with a sense of urgency to our customers’ needs while completing other tasks.
- Instruct customers on the principles of safe and accurate use of various firearms.
- Safely control the firing line while live fire is in progress. Identify unsafe acts and take immediate corrective action.
- Clean and maintain rental firearms
- Comple sales transactions and answer phones.
- Promote BWSC events, training, and sales.
- Maintain adequate stock levels of merchandise, in your areas. Restock and front merchandise, as needed.
- Maintain good housekeeping in all areas of the work environment including but not limited to ranges, range counter, etc…
- Obtained a high school diploma
- Must be at least 21 years of age and legally eligible to handle firearms.
- Must have knowledge of and experience with handguns, rifles, and shotguns.
- Knowledge of shotgun shooting sports (Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays) highly desirable.
- Proficient in the use of computers and cash registers.
- Part-time candidates must be available to work nights and weekends
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to ensure optimal customer service.
- Must have a strong work ethic, be a team player and clear communicator.
- Ability to remain standing and/or walking for long periods of time
- Ability to stoop, bend, climb and lift frequently.
- Ability to work in an indoor and outdoor environment, with changing weather conditions, all year long.
Send us your resume!
Please complete the details below and attach your resume, thank you!