Warrior Women Mission
LouKa Tactical has a mission for their Warrior Women: “We believe that building a culture of Warrior Women is not only essential for our future, but also our responsibility to do so. We do this by providing professional training and development opportunities irrespective of occupation or status, for those women who are passionate, like-minded, and who identify with strength, courage, and true leadership.”
Black Wing is honored to host Lou Ann and help to accomplish this mission.
“Lou Ann Hamblin is one of the finest trainers I have ever worked with. She has a keen understanding of how the human organism functions both physically and mentally and it shows in her cutting edge training programs. Lou is so much more than a firearms instructor; she is an innovator! She not only builds programs, she solves problems. She has spent her adult life training law enforcement officers and there are quite a few still alive due to her trend setting training. I am quite pleased she has decided to bring her hard learned lessons to the armed citizen arena. Listen to what she has to say… she will give you the confidence needed to PREVAIL against extreme odds”
– Dave Spaulding with Handgun Combatives, LLC
This course is designed for the intermediate FEMALE student with proven previous drawing from holster training (See Black Wing Vital Pistol Training). The fundamentals are the foundation to any skillset and are drilled down to the core in this class. Deliberate practice is the cornerstone of developing the fundamentals of handgun management and marksmanship. Individual assessments and homework will be assigned for continued improvement. This is a low round count. Each round is fired as a sniper shot.
Meet Lou Ann Hamblin with Louka Tactical
- Proudly served the law enforcement profession for 22 years before retiring.
- Master’s degree in Human Performance Technology and Instructional Design from the University of Michigan
- For the last twenty years Lou Ann has specialized in training female officers, having trained close to 5,000 in pistol alone, and is a certified firearms and defensive tactics instructor in a variety of disciplines.
- Conceptualized the nationally recognized Building Warrior Women® training event for women in public safety that has been publicized as the finest leadership and survival skills training for female officers in the United States.
- Instructs internationally in the areas of instructional leadership, training for specialty units to include survival training for school resource officers, female specific, police cycling operator and train-the-trainer level classes.
- About Louka Tactical
Pre Requisite – Students must provide proof of previous drawing from holster training
Skill Level – Intermediate-Experienced
Classroom – N/A
- Semi-auto centerfire handgun .380-.45 ACP
- Inside or outside the waistband holster (subject to inspection)
- Spare magazine and pouch(es) (speed loader recommended)
- Closed-toe shoes, wrap around eye/ear protection
Offered – Semiannually
Class Size – 14 maximum
Cost – $200
Ammo – 150 rounds
Range – 8 hours
Click on any of the dates below to see availablity and to reserve a spot.