address realistic situations
The opportunity to grow as a person— in confidence, in networking, in experience, in knowledge. BWSC isn’t a retail store as much as it is a campus, an organization, a team — with an unconditional mission and solid principles. BWSC strong!
This is the next logical step for those who have taken a basic concealed carry class (or the equivalent) and are looking to refine your skills and practice in a more realistic context.
Prerequisites: Basic handgun training class (CCW, NRA, or the equivalent). You must know how to operate your gun!
Students will need to provide equipment needed for this class.
- Advanced trigger control concepts
- Drawing the weapon from concealment
- Tactical Marksmanship
- Malfunction clearances
- Shooting while moving
- Proper use of cover
**Class from 10am-6pm | **Students must pre-register and provide lunch
About Greg Ellifritz
- Greg is a 20-year veteran police officer, spending 13 years as the full time tactical training officer for his central Ohio agency. In that position, he was responsible for developing and instructing all of the in service training for a 54-officer police department. Prior to his training position, he served as patrol officer, bike patrol officer, bike patrol coordinator, sniper and field training officer for his agency.
- He has been an active instructor for the Tactical Defense Institute since 2001 and a lead instructor for TDI’s ground fighting, knife fighting, active shooter, impact weapons, and extreme close quarters shooting classes.
- Greg holds instructor, master instructor, or armorer certifications in more than 75 different weapons systems, defensive tactics programs, and law enforcement specialty areas. In addition to these instructor certifications, Greg has trained with many of the leading firearms and edged weapons instructors in the country.
- Greg has been an adjunct instructor for the Ohio Peace Officer’s Training Academy, teaching firearms, defensive tactics, bike patrol, knife defense and physical fitness topics. He has taught firearms and self defense classes at the national and international level through the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors, The American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers, Rangemaster Tactical Conference, and Ohio Association of Chiefs of Police.
- He has a Master’s degree in Public Policy and Management and has written for several publications and websites including: ‘The Firearms Instructor”, “Ohio Police Chief”, “Combat Handguns”, Survivalblog.com, “Concealed Carry Magazine”, Primedia’s “Personal & Home Defense Annual”, and “American Handgunner".
Pre Requisite – Basic handgun training class (CCW, NRA, etc.)
Skill Level – Intermediate
- Reliable firearm and two extra mags/speed loaders
- Quality belt holster that is sturdy enough to allow one-handed reholstering
- Eye/ear protection (electronic prefered)
- 300 rounds of ammunition
Offered – Once Per Year
Class Size – 14
Ammo – 300 rounds
Classroom – N/A
Range – 8 hours
Cost – $250
Click on any of the dates below to see availablity and to reserve a spot.