defensive training by an expert
This is a great place and the staff is super-helpful!
Students must present evidence of competent gun handling to take this course. If unsure, call for consultation.
This advanced pistol shooting course focuses on the skill set of pistol fighting. This takes defensive shooting to a different level focusing on when your attacker is within arms’ reach. With up to 50% of gunfight fatalities occurring at ranges closer than five feet, this skill is valuable to have.
• Body positioning and shooting stances
• In-fight weapons access and drawing
• Stopping an opponent’s draw
• One-handed close quarters malfunction drills
• Weapon access from unconventional positions
• Using the firearm as an impact weapon
**Class from 10am-6pm | **Students must pre-register and provide a lunch
About Greg Ellifritz
- Greg is a 20-year veteran police officer, spending 13 years as the full time tactical training officer for his central Ohio agency. In that position, he was responsible for developing and instructing all of the in service training for a 54-officer police department. Prior to his training position, he served as patrol officer, bike patrol officer, bike patrol coordinator, sniper and field training officer for his agency.
- He has been an active instructor for the Tactical Defense Institute since 2001 and a lead instructor for TDI’s ground fighting, knife fighting, active shooter, impact weapons, and extreme close quarters shooting classes.
Greg holds instructor, master instructor, or armorer certifications in more than 75 different weapons systems, defensive tactics programs, and law enforcement specialty areas. In addition to these instructor certifications, Greg has trained with many of the leading firearms and edged weapons instructors in the country.
Greg has been an adjunct instructor for the Ohio Peace Officer’s Training Academy, teaching firearms, defensive tactics, bike patrol, knife defense and physical fitness topics. He has taught firearms and self defense classes at the national and international level through the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors, The American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers, Rangemaster Tactical Conference, and Ohio Association of Chiefs of Police.
He has a Master’s degree in Public Policy and Management and has written for several publications and websites including: ‘The Firearms Instructor”, “Ohio Police Chief”, “Combat Handguns”, Survivalblog.com, “Concealed Carry Magazine”, Primedia’s “Personal & Home Defense Annual”, and “American Handgunner”.
Pre Requisite – Students must present evidence of competent gun handling to take this course. If unsure, call for consultation.
Skill Level – Experienced
- Handgun (no ported firearms)
- Sturdy belt and mounted holster
- Mag pouches, additional magazines, speed loaders for additional 15 rounds on your person
- Firearm case
- Eye and ear protection
Range – 8 hours
Classroom – N/A
Ammo – 150 rounds
Offered – Semiannually
Class Size – 14 maximum
Cost – $175
Click on any of the dates below to see availablity and to reserve a spot.