address realistic situations
The opportunity to grow as a person— in confidence, in networking, in experience, in knowledge. BWSC isn’t a retail store as much as it is a campus, an organization, a team — with an unconditional mission and solid principles. BWSC strong!
- Stop traumatic bleeding from gunshot & knife wounds using the latest pressure bandages, tourniquets and hemostatic agents
- Self care & care under fire
- Simple patient assessment techniques
- Treat a sucking chest wound and tension pneumothorax
- Field fracture immobilization and expedient c-spine immobilization
- Treat yourself and family in event of long term breakdown in current system
- Wound cleaning & disinfection under field conditions
- Injection of local anesthesia and wound closure
- Learn types of drugs to stockpile for natural disasters along with methods to legally acquire
*Please bring your lunch and any snacks you may need to sustain you through the course.
About Greg Ellifritz
- Greg is a 20-year veteran police officer, spending 13 years as the full time tactical training officer for his central Ohio agency. In that position, he was responsible for developing and instructing all of the in service training for a 54-officer police department. Prior to his training position, he served as patrol officer, bike patrol officer, bike patrol coordinator, sniper and field training officer for his agency.
- He has been an active instructor for the Tactical Defense Institute since 2001 and a lead instructor for TDI’s ground fighting, knife fighting, active shooter, impact weapons, and extreme close quarters shooting classes.
Greg holds instructor, master instructor, or armorer certifications in more than 75 different weapons systems, defensive tactics programs, and law enforcement specialty areas. In addition to these instructor certifications, Greg has trained with many of the leading firearms and edged weapons instructors in the country.
Greg has been an adjunct instructor for the Ohio Peace Officer’s Training Academy, teaching firearms, defensive tactics, bike patrol, knife defense and physical fitness topics. He has taught firearms and self defense classes at the national and international level through the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors, The American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers, Rangemaster Tactical Conference, and Ohio Association of Chiefs of Police.
He has a Master’s degree in Public Policy and Management and has written for several publications and websites including: ‘The Firearms Instructor”, “Ohio Police Chief”, “Combat Handguns”, Survivalblog.com, “Concealed Carry Magazine”, Primedia’s “Personal & Home Defense Annual”, and “American Handgunner”.
Pre Requisite – None
Skill Level – Intermediate
Equipment – Provided
Classroom – 9 hours
Range – N/A
Ammo – N/A
Offered – Semiannually
Class Size – 20
Cost – $175
Click on any of the dates below to see availablity and to reserve a spot.