fun and educational way to learn new skills with Shooting Sports Camps
Never had an unfriendly experience in several years of going to you guys. This place is where I shot a gun for the first time with your instructor and it’s been all great ever since.
Black Wing offers an exciting, 4 day beginning Shooting Sports Youth Camp, for boys and girls, ages 10 to 16. Safety is always first and foremost at our summer youth camps but fun is definitely a close second!
Clinics at the camp include .22 caliber handgun and rifle instruction, shotgun instruction and archery. This is a fun and educational way to learn new skills. Each week’s camp is limited to 14 students.
Here a few other important things to know for when your child attends our camps:
- Please contact us and let us know if your child has any food allergies. We will try our best to accommodate (and usually can), however we may have to have them pack a lunch.
- Should your child have an Epi-pen or other medical device, please make sure our instructors know about it upon arrival.
- We know some children have their own equipment and think that’s great! However, we ask to please keep all personal equipment at home. We find the camps run smoothest when everyone is using the same type of equipment, which we will provide.
- Parents are always welcome to come watch the shooting portion of each day, however there just is not enough room in class for parents to stay in the classrooms. The shooting portion will take place after lunch, between 1-3p each day. Archery & shotgun are outside and rifle and pistol will be held on our indoor ranges.
- Please make sure your child does not wear open toed shoes or sleeveless shirts. Warm brass has a way of finding those uncovered areas.
- On Tuesdays and Fridays, we will be shooting outside. Please make sure your child has a light jacket and hat, if rain is expected on these days. We will shoot outside, rain or shine. Should we experience lightning within 10 miles, we will delay our outside shooting portion until it passes or make other accommodations.
Pre Requisite – Boys and girls, ages 10 – 16
Skill Level – Beginner
Equipment – Everything is provided, including lunch. If your child has food allergies or special dietary requirements, please have them bring a lunch
Classroom – 2 hrs
Range – 2 hrs
Topics Covered – Learn a new discipline each day:
- Day 1: Archery
- Day 2: .22 rifle
- Day 3: pistol
- Day 4: shotgun
Offered – Summer
Class Size – 14
Cost – $399 /1 child, $375 per child with multi-child discount rate (min 2) Please call to reserve to receive discount.
Click on any of the dates below to see availablity and to reserve a spot.