Ohio has officially become a permitless carry state
"So much more"
I took the Permitless course earlier, and now see the importance of taking the concealed carry. There is so much more than just owning a gun. I learned a lot and got better with my gun skills also. I intend to continue taking more courses. Thanks again and will see you soon for more learning.
Jack Versluis- May 2022
Ohio has officially become a Permitless carry state- effective June 13, 2022
Know the Difference
Constitutional Carry- Ability to possess and carry any firearm of any type without restrictions or limitations.
Permitless Carry- refers to the legal public carrying of a handgun(s), either openly or concealed, without a license or permit. Limitations do apply.
- Ohio Resident will have the option to still obtain the Ohio Concealed Handgun License or follow the new Permitless Carry in Ohio regulations.
Permitless Carry in Ohio Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age or older (qualifying adult)
- Must be legal resident of The United States
- Is not legally prohibited from possessing or receiving a firearm under specified federal or state law and satisfies certain specified criteria necessary to obtain a concealed handgun license.
- Cannot carry restricted firearms. Example: dangerous ordinance, machine guns, short-barreled rifles/shotguns, suppressors (all National Firearms Act (NFA) registration firearms)
- Cannot be in possession of Medical Marijuana License
Learn more about Permitless Carry guidelines in Ohio from Buckeye Firearms
Benefits of taking the Ohio CCW course at Black Wing and obtaining your state-issued permit vs. carrying permitless
Reciprocity when carrying concealed in other compliant states
Exempt from FBI NICS background check for firearm purchases
Permitted to carry in more places than a non-CHL holder
Proof of responsible gun ownership and proper training
Introduction to defensive shooting on-range
One-month trial Black Wing indoor membership