Ohio has officially become a permitless carry state
"So much more"
I took the Permitless course earlier, and now see the importance of taking the concealed carry. There is so much more than just owning a gun. I learned a lot and got better with my gun skills also. I intend to continue taking more courses. Thanks again and will see you soon for more learning.
Jack Versluis- May 2022
Ohio has officially become a Permitless carry state- effective June 13, 2022
Know the Difference
Constitutional Carry- Ability to possess and carry any firearm of any type without restrictions or limitations.
Permitless Carry- refers to the legal public carrying of a handgun(s), either openly or concealed, without a license or permit. Limitations do apply.
- Ohio Resident will have the option to still obtain the Ohio Concealed Handgun License or follow the new Permitless Carry in Ohio regulations.
Permitless Carry in Ohio Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age or older (qualifying adult)
- Must be legal resident of The United States
- Is not legally prohibited from possessing or receiving a firearm under specified federal or state law and satisfies certain specified criteria necessary to obtain a concealed handgun license.
- Cannot carry restricted firearms. Example: dangerous ordinance, machine guns, short-barreled rifles/shotguns, suppressors (all National Firearms Act (NFA) registration firearms)
- Cannot be in possession of Medical Marijuana License
Learn more about Permitless Carry guidelines in Ohio from Buckeye Firearms
Benefits of taking the Guide to Permitless Carry in Ohio & CCW course at Black Wing and obtaining your state-issued permit
Reciprocity when carrying concealed in other compliant states
Exempt from FBI NICS background check for firearm purchases
Permitted to carry in more places than a non-CHL holder
Proof of responsible gun ownership and proper training
Introduction to defensive shooting on-range
One-month trial Black Wing indoor membership