Black Wing is a one-stop-shop for all things suppressors. Not only do we have one of the largest selections of in-stock suppressors in the country, but we can facilitate the purchasing process from start to finish. If you are unsure where to start, begin by speaking to one of our knowledgeable staff members about which suppressor(s) will best serve your goals.
Trust vs. Individual Filing:
A trust makes it easier to share the fun and benefits of shooting with suppressors. Without a Trust, the person that got the Tax Stamp and purchased the suppressor MUST BE PRESENT and in possession of the suppressor when it is being used by another person. However, with a Trust, any Co-Trustee can use the suppressor.
Purchasing Your Suppressor
- Once you choose the right suppressor(s) for you, next is to make the purchase. Purchasing Suppressors
- Next, you should decide whether to purchase their tax stamp as an individual or start a trust. https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/a-buyer-s-guide-individual-vs-trust
- Once you purchase the suppressor, we keep the item in-store until the tax stamp is returned from the ATF. While you wait, the range staff will allow you to shoot the suppressor on our indoor ranges.
- We have an in-house SilencerShop Kiosk that collects all the deliverables for the ATF to begin processing and approving your stamp.
- Complete kiosk process- input your info and fingerprints
- Take picture via SilencerShop app
- Create account at SilencerShop.com & pay your tax stamp(s)
- Create account at eforms.atf.gov & save your Username and Pin (username emailed by the ATF)
- (if applicable) Email trust to [email protected] and ensure all responsible parties complete steps 1&2
- Once we have the above, SilencerShop’s team of compliance experts will work with us to complete the ATF paperwork. Within the next week, they will email you a link to get your signature.
- Sign your electronic ATF e-form with us here at Black Wing (certification).
- Waiting begins, wait time varies.
- Receive your electronic tax stamp and come fill out the Form 4473 and pick up your suppressor!
Once you are in possession, we can help you select the correct adapters and show you how to properly maintain and care for your suppressor. Always be in possession of your electronic or hard copy tax stamp.